Friday 14 June 2013

Cross country

Today was the day, yes the big day, my dad had just dropped me off and I was at school, but as I told you this was no ordinary day... Today was Cross country. The big race! When the bell rang we all rushed to our classes, I was really nervous. First off we did the roll then we went outside to go down to the Turf, but before we went down to the Turf we had to know what age group we were in. I was with the 11 year olds with one other boy, his name was Pune. When we got down to the Turf we were sat down with the rest of our pod. I had to wait for a long time to actually run because I was one of the last people to be called out. Eventually the 11 year olds where called out! I was so nervous. The time had finally come! I was with the other 11 year old warming up, but since there wasn't much 11 year olds we had to run with the 10 year olds. So as I was saying we were warming up and then we got to the starting line. First the 10 year olds ran, then it was our turn to go my heart was pounding like a wild drum and then... SNAP! The starter had gone! I was off! I was running at top speed desperate to get out of last place! But it was no good! I just kept going! By the time I finally got to the finish line I was so tired and exhausted, but at least I got to cross the finish line with pride and that was the important bit. After all that we got to go back to class and have lunch.






                           The end

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kia Ora!
Please leave us a comment below and we will reply to you soon.
Thanks for stopping by!
Room 7